Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

Sorry for the long layoff. I was on vacation followed by getting re-acclimated to grad school. I'll have my thoughts on the Olympics and the political conventions in later posts (If you think I'm re-hashing the mess that was Browns training camp, you're nuts!) Today's post will just be a few random thoughts.

Congrats to:

- City for winning the Second Division title
- The Captains for making the playoffs
- The Aeros for being two wins away from the EL title (Game 3 tonight at 6:05 in Trenton and on 1350 AM with pregame at 5:50.)

- Sarah Palin may be just the boost McCain needed to energize the GOP's conservative base and take the election.

- NASCAR is all set for the chase. This should be fun. Granted, it would be more fun if they were running the old "aero" cars and had a true points race, but it's all that's left to watch in the way of 1 mile+ oval racing now that IndyCar's season is over (there is a non-points race Oct. 26th, but that's a street race).

That reminds me: Congrats to ICS Champion Scott Dixon!

That's all I can think of right now. By the way, some of the Hairpin's handiwork will be on display in Downtown Cleveland beginning next month. Along the new "Euclid Corridor HealthLine" transit line on Euclid Ave., there will be touch-screens with pictures and sound bites on Cleveland history. The sound bites on the Cleveland Arena are from an interview I conducted and I was heavily involved in the photo selection process.

That's all for now, see ya soon!

No comments: